At Charles Tyrwhitt our purpose is to “Make it easy for men to dress well” and we can’t do that without our specialist teams.
This time, we’re on the lookout for a Supervisor who will be working with our established team in our Leeds Store.
What you will be doing
As a Supervisor at CT you’ll be motivating, coaching and developing the sales team to exceed targets and maximise KPIs. You’ll play a leading role on the shop floor by identifying and maximising sales opportunities whilst ensuring CT’s exceptional customer service and your expert product knowledge is shared with each and every customer. You’ll nurture a great working environment by encouraging and recognising outstanding team performance within your store and you’ll encourage the use of store, business and staff training tools to allow everyone to be the best version of themselves. You will be an essential support in the management team in assisting the daily running of the store, championing colleague engagement and complying with company policy procedures, adhering to company Health and Safety guidelines and security processes.
What we are looking for
You will have previous experience in a retail position, ideally with some exposure to management too (but don’t worry that’s not essential). The most important thing we’re looking for is a passion for Customer Service and the proven ability to keep this at the forefront of your mind whilst delivering great sales.
What you can expect from us:
Our stores showcase the Tyrwhitt Spirit and we’re proud of the product we sell, so we want our colleagues to showcase this to our customers, which means if you join us in a retail role you will receive a generous uniform allowance to ensure you’re looking spick and span
Colleagues who identify as male will be expected to wear CT product, however we’re happy to let any colleague wear our product should they wish to. For those who don’t identify as male and won’t be wearing CT product, you will be given an allowance to spend on appropriate clothing for you and this allowance will be based on the number of hours you work
As well as all the core benefits, UK Retail colleagues also get the following:
* We believe in teamwork and we reward it too! Valuable bonuses are paid quarterly when your store hits target. Teamwork makes the dream work – and fills the pockets too!
* We will help you get to work too! We have a great cycle to work scheme, relocation packages to support career development and we offer season ticket loans to those based in London stores
* We are serious about having fun at work. Each store has a fun fund to ensure parties, treats, social activities and team building events happen regularly
* Store opening hours vary depending on location, but we have part and full time roles in most places so you can find a shift pattern to suit you
* The Tyrwhitt Academy will take care of your professional development. Our training supports you with product knowledge, customer service and other training needs. We often share exclusive head office career progression openings with our retail teams; we like to grow our talent. We also have a number of apprenticeship level qualifications open to store colleagues that you can work through whilst still earning your full wage, so let us know if this is something you’d be interested in
Who we are
Once upon a shirt, Nicholas Charles Tyrwhitt Wheeler (whilst studying Geography at Bristol University – we might add) had the notion that he could make a better shirt at better value than anyone else in the world! He believed that all men; no matter their shape or size, where they may be in the world or indeed their budget; should be able to own a Jermyn Street quality shirt. A proper shirt. A CT shirt.
That was over 3 decades ago and whilst Charles Tyrwhitt (it rhymes with spirit by the way) is still famous for proper shirts, these days we are about so much more than collars and cuffs. Our purpose is to “make it easy for men to dress well”. We take care of a chap’s entire wardrobe, providing stylish solutions for every occasion. We make sure he gets what he wants, when and how he wants it.
Our spiritual home and flagship store is located on London’s famous Jermyn Street. Our Global Head Office is in London Bridge, whilst we also have an office in Manhattan to support our retail and online presence across North America, Europe and Australia. Not forgetting our Distribution Centre and Contact Centre in Milton Keynes.
At Charles Tyrwhitt we believe in doing the right thing. That means making our products properly and sustainably, making our business work for our people, our customers, and our suppliers and giving back to charity to support those in need. We’re taking a good hard look at our social and environmental impact, and always looking for ways to be better.
‘I am Proud and Free to be me!’
When it comes to our people, we really do “Give a shirt”.
Tyrwhitteers (our people) are a diverse, passionate and entrepreneurial bunch. We enjoy a fun, engaging and rewarding culture, where everyone is empowered by our 3 BE-liefs which are; “BE the BOSS”, “BE the CUSTOMER” and “BE the BEST”.