Job Title: Stock Control & Administration Manager
Reports To: Logistics Manager
Department: Stock Control
Location: Milton Keynes
Direct Reports: 1 Stock Control and Administration Team Leader (15 total team size)
At Charles Tyrwhitt our purpose is to “Make it easy for men to dress well”. The primary purpose of the Stock Control & Administration Manager is to oversee the management of the team and take a role in strategic forward planning. One part of the team delivers a high degree of stock integrity, space utilisation and excellent customer service, while also ensuring all Caretaking tasks are completed with the heath and safety, workplace tidiness and environmental awareness taken into consideration. Another part of the team covers the order administration function of the warehouse, generating pick lists, driving optimisation and managing exceptions and other workflows. Project management and driving continuous improvement are key in this role while working to ensure other departments expectations are met by undertaking additional tasks in relation to Stock Control, Administration or Caretaking.
* Overseeing and monitoring the end to end stock cycle ensuring correct controls and efficient processes are in place at every stage, deliver business reporting on results and other stock related data.
* Work with the Logistics Manager to carry out reviews across the warehouse operations to ensure processes and procedures are optimised and are being carried out correctly.
* Pick layout, replenishment and space utilisation planning
* Engaging, developing and training the Stock Control & Administration team.
* Complete Waste reporting with the required partners to ensure CT is compliant with legislation.
* Liaising with and maintaining a close and productive working relationship with the HO teams to ensure that ranges changes, Retail needs, IT changes, new propositions and marketing and sponsorship activities are delivered.
* Manage non-saleable stock sales and VM storage working with the Merchandising team.
* Look for ways to manage the optimisation of order flow, prioritisation of work and quality of picks supporting the operation to hit the required KPI and SLA.
* Take an active interest in H&S, workplace organisation and tidiness so the Caretakers have clear direction.
* Measuring and monitoring stock control processes to ensure that they are being carried out to a high standard and within agreed KPI’s.
* Work with the Finance deliver our year end audit and develop new stock control methods.
* Forecast packaging usage, negotiate with suppliers for packaging, control stock levels in the UK and US and other purchases and achieve best prices.
* Check, match and record invoices ensuring they are put against correct period.
* Producing weekly and monthly KPI reporting about stock holding for managers to enable them to understand the dynamics of their operations.
* Good understanding of a mail order/e-commerce distribution centre from order placement through to delivery and return
* Previous experience managing administration tasks
* Previous stock management experience and the processes that involves
* Understanding of basic Health and Safety requirements
* Project management, delivering process improvements
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Analytical mind and problem solving capabilities
* Ability to work well under pressure
* Team and customer first approach
* IT Literate, MS Excel (Advanced), Outlook and Access
* Lean Green belt or higher
* Excellent numerical ability and attention to detail
* Good negotiating skills combined with commercial acumen and flair.