At Charles Tyrwhitt our purpose is to “Make it easy for men to dress well” and we can’t do that without our specialist teams.
This time, we’re on the lookout for an Assistant Branch Merchandiser who will be working with Dave from our Branch Merchandising team.
What you will be doing
* Manage the seasonal “new launch” process in accordance with the BM critical path escalating issues and concerns to the BM Manager
* Management and trading of in season stock, providing appropriate stock amendments to deliver Availability Targets and maximise sales opportunities
* Review and propose actions from Monday trading reports to maximise availability in accordance with agreed targets
* Ensuring weekly replenishment activities are agreed and carried out by the BM admin Assistant
* Ensure store requests and queries are responded to within the agreed SLA and any actions are communicated in a timely manner
* Assist in providing commercial information relating to the business strategy/seasonal trading patterns
* Agree and deliver stock builds for markdown and promotional periods in accordance with store terminal targets
* Manage the seasonal returns process in line with agreed targets
* Partner with Retail to agree the set up of new store packages, monitoring post launch performance, trading patterns and opportunities
* Liaise with Core Merchandising to forecast and communicate forward intake requirements to the warehouse and provide dispatch forecasts for peak periods such as new launch/ESS
* In conjunction with the BM Manager, propose seasonal grading strategy and ensure category gradings are provided to Core teams in accordance with the critical path
* Provide regular density analysis, suggesting space and sales opportunities to Retail
* Undertake regular store visits, gaining full understanding of store space, complexity of store, customer profile and competition
* Build and maintain strong relationships with other functions, in particular Core Merchandising, Retail and the Warehouse
* Implement and exploit new systems and processes
* Assist in building an effective and motivated team environment
* Coaching & development of BM Admin Assistants
What we are looking for
Experience of allocation and replenishment in a retail business, whilst understanding of supply chain operation.
Commercial awareness of market and competitors, ownership and ability to deliver a plan to take products from warehouse to stores and critical path management.
*we have a hybrid working policy which requires you to be in our lovely offices 3 days per week*
What you can expect from us:
- Competitive salary with excellent bonus scheme
- Hybrid and flexible working (we work from the office a minimum of 3 days a week and have 'core' hours but outside of that it is up to you to decide what works for you!)
- We are proud to be a Carbon Neutral company and passionate about beating climate change
- We receive a huge delivery of fresh fruit twice a week for you to help yourself to and once a month we host an “all company” CT Briefing and Thirsty Thursday event to which you will always be invited (bottoms up!)
- At HQ we are serious about having fun. Our Christmas and summer parties are the stuff of legend and our CT Social Team ensure there is always something exciting to get involved in)
Who we are
Once upon a shirt, Nicholas Charles Tyrwhitt Wheeler (whilst studying Geography at Bristol University – we might add) had the notion that he could make a better shirt at better value than anyone else in the world! He believed that all men; no matter their shape or size, where they may be in the world or indeed their budget; should be able to own a Jermyn Street quality shirt. A proper shirt. A CT shirt.
That was over 3 decades ago and whilst Charles Tyrwhitt (it rhymes with spirit by the way) is still famous for proper shirts, these days we are about so much more than collars and cuffs. Our purpose is to “make it easy for men to dress well”. We take care of a chap’s entire wardrobe, providing stylish solutions for every occasion. We make sure he gets what he wants, when and how he wants it.
Our spiritual home and flagship store is located on London’s famous Jermyn Street. Our Global Head Office is in London Bridge, whilst we also have an office in Manhattan to support our retail and online presence across North America, Europe and Australia. Not forgetting our Distribution Centre and Contact Centre in Milton Keynes.
At Charles Tyrwhitt we believe in doing the right thing. That means making our products properly and sustainably, making our business work for our people, our customers, and our suppliers and giving back to charity to support those in need. We’re taking a good hard look at our social and environmental impact, and always looking for ways to be better.
‘I am Proud and Free to be me!’
When it comes to our people, we really do “Give a shirt”.
Tyrwhitteers (our people) are a diverse, passionate and entrepreneurial bunch. We enjoy a fun, engaging and rewarding culture, where everyone is empowered by our 3 BE-liefs which are; “BE the BOSS”, “BE the CUSTOMER” and “BE the BEST”.