At Charles Tyrwhitt our purpose is to “Make it easy for men to dress well” and we can’t do that without our specialist teams.
This time, we’re on the lookout for a Senior Sales Assistant who will be working with Sinead and the Team in our store in centre:MK, Milton Keynes.
This is a permanent contract for 24 hours per week. The store trades from 9am-7pm from Monday-Saturday, and 11am-5pm on Sundays, so shifts will be scheduled around these times.
What you will be doing
As a Senior Sales Assistant at CT, you will work with the store management team to ensure that the store, people and operation trades safely and legally, as well as assuming key-holding responsibilities of opening and closing the store. Customer service is really important to us so you’ll be given expert product knowledge to ensure you are up to date with the latest store ranges and promotions, as well as taking ownership with Custom, customer and wedding appointments. You’ll support the Store Supervisor with inducting, training and coaching Sales Assistants as well as maximising every sales opportunity to ensure sales targets and KPIs are achieved and exceeded to be one of the top sellers in store. Not only this but you’ll be expected to deliver high visual merchandising standards; ensuring the store housekeeping standards are continually achieved and adhering to company VM, Health & Safety guidelines and security processes. Of course, there’s also parts to the role that include processing deliveries, transfers and merchandise quickly, accurately and efficiently.
What we are looking for
Ideally you will have experience in retail and some management and key holding experience, but all we’re really looking for is high levels of enthusiasm, drive and motivation with strong interpersonal and communication skills. Ultimately, it’s your ability to quickly build rapport with customers and deliver exceptional customer service that will make you a success in this role.
What you can expect from us:
Our stores showcase the Tyrwhitt Spirit and we’re proud of the product we sell, so we want our colleagues to showcase this to our customers, which means if you join us in a retail role you will receive a generous uniform allowance to ensure you’re looking spick and span
Colleagues who identify as male will be expected to wear CT product, however we’re happy to let any colleague wear our product should they wish to. For those who don’t identify as male and won’t be wearing CT product, you will be given an allowance to spend on appropriate clothing for you and this allowance will be based on the number of hours you work
As well as all the core benefits, UK Retail colleagues also get the following:
* We believe in teamwork and we reward it too! Valuable bonuses are paid quarterly when your store hits target. Teamwork makes the dream work – and fills the pockets too!
* We will help you get to work too! We have a great cycle to work scheme, relocation packages to support career development and we offer season ticket loans to those based in London stores
* We are serious about having fun at work. Each store has a fun fund to ensure parties, treats, social activities and team building events happen regularly
* Store opening hours vary depending on location, but we have part and full time roles in most places so you can find a shift pattern to suit you
* The Tyrwhitt Academy will take care of your professional development. Our training supports you with product knowledge, customer service and other training needs. We often share exclusive head office career progression openings with our retail teams; we like to grow our talent. We also have a number of apprenticeship level qualifications open to store colleagues that you can work through whilst still earning your full wage, so let us know if this is something you’d be interested in
Who we are
Once upon a shirt, Nicholas Charles Tyrwhitt Wheeler (whilst studying Geography at Bristol University – we might add) had the notion that he could make a better shirt at better value than anyone else in the world! He believed that all men; no matter their shape or size, where they may be in the world or indeed their budget; should be able to own a Jermyn Street quality shirt. A proper shirt. A CT shirt.
That was over 3 decades ago and whilst Charles Tyrwhitt (it rhymes with spirit by the way) is still famous for proper shirts, these days we are about so much more than collars and cuffs. Our purpose is to “make it easy for men to dress well”. We take care of a chap’s entire wardrobe, providing stylish solutions for every occasion. We make sure he gets what he wants, when and how he wants it.
Our spiritual home and flagship store is located on London’s famous Jermyn Street. Our Global Head Office is in London Bridge, whilst we also have an office in Manhattan to support our retail and online presence across North America, Europe and Australia. Not forgetting our Distribution Centre and Contact Centre in Milton Keynes.
At Charles Tyrwhitt we believe in doing the right thing. That means making our products properly and sustainably, making our business work for our people, our customers, and our suppliers and giving back to charity to support those in need. We’re taking a good hard look at our social and environmental impact, and always looking for ways to be better.