Who we are
Once upon a shirt, Nicholas Charles Tyrwhitt Wheeler (whilst studying Geography at Bristol University – we might add) had the notion that he could make a better shirt at better value than anyone else in the world!
He believed that all men; no matter their shape or size, where they may be in the world or indeed their budget; should be able to own a Jermyn Street quality shirt. A proper shirt. A CT shirt.
That was over 3 decades ago and whilst Charles Tyrwhitt (it rhymes with spirit by the way) is still famous for proper shirts, these days we are about so much more than collars and cuffs. Our purpose is to “make it easy for men to dress well”. We take care of a chap’s entire wardrobe, providing stylish solutions for every occasion. We make sure he gets what he wants, when and how he wants it.
Charles Tyrwhitt’s spiritual home and flagship store is located on London’s Jermyn Street. Our Global Head Office is in London Bridge, whilst we also have an office in Manhattan to support our retail and/or online presence across North America, Europe and Australia. Not forgetting our Distribution Centre and Contact Centre in Milton Keynes. Pretty impressive, hey?
‘I am Proud and Free to be me!’
When it comes to our people, we really do “Give a shirt”.
Tyrwhitteers (our people) are a diverse, passionate and entrepreneurial bunch. We enjoy a fun, engaging and rewarding culture, where everyone is empowered by our 3 BE-liefs which are; “BE the BOSS”, “BE the CUSTOMER” and “BE the BEST”.
We want colleagues to love working for CT and for it to feel like a place where they can be, and want to be, at their best. Our culture is inclusive, diverse and welcoming. We believe people should be able to express themselves freely; safe in the knowledge that they will be accepted and respected. That’s why one of our behaviours is that people should feel proud and free to be me.
At Charles Tyrwhitt our purpose is to “Make it easy for men to dress well” and we can’t do that without our specialist teams.
This time, we’re on the lookout for Sales Assistants who will be working with an established team in our Brent Cross store.
There are various contracts available at 16 hours, 12 hours and 8 hours per week.
* Maximise sales opportunities to ensure sales targets are achieved and exceeded e.g. promotions, outfit building, up & cross selling, corporate sales, events
* Consistently deliver CT’s customer service expectation by ensuring expert product knowledge, ensuring you are up to date with the latest store ranges and promotions
* Develop the brand name and image of the company through acting as a brand ambassador for the CT brand
* Deliver high visual merchandising standards; ensuring the store housekeeping standards are continually achieved by using the tools available and adhering to VM guidelines
* Process deliveries, transfers and merchandise quickly, accurately and efficiently ensuring merchandise is properly handled, labelled and priced to minimise losses and damage
* Taking ownership for your personal development, proactively seeking opportunities to grow, utilising internal tools The LINK and PeopleXD.
* Comply with all company policy and procedures and adherence to company health & safety guidelines and security processes
* Previous retail experience preferred but not essential