At Charles Tyrwhitt our purpose is to “Make it easy for men to dress well” and we can’t do that without our specialist teams.
This time, we’re on the lookout for an Assistant Store Manager who will be working with our established team in our store in Cheapside, just a stone's throw away from Bank station.
Who we are
Once upon a shirt, Nicholas Charles Tyrwhitt Wheeler (whilst studying Geography at Bristol University – we might add) had the notion that he could make a better shirt at better value than anyone else in the world!
He believed that all men; no matter their shape or size, where they may be in the world or indeed their budget; should be able to own a Jermyn Street quality shirt. A proper shirt. A CT shirt.
That was over 3 decades ago and whilst Charles Tyrwhitt (it rhymes with spirit by the way) is still famous for proper shirts, these days we are about so much more than collars and cuffs. Our purpose is to “make it easy for men to dress well”. We take care of a chap’s entire wardrobe, providing stylish solutions for every occasion. We make sure he gets what he wants, when and how he wants it.
Charles Tyrwhitt’s spiritual home and flagship store is located on London’s Jermyn Street. Our Global Head Office is in London Bridge, whilst we also have an office in Manhattan to support our retail and/or online presence across North America, Europe and Australia. Not forgetting our Distribution Centre and Contact Centre in Milton Keynes. Pretty impressive hey?
‘I am Proud and Free to be me!’
When it comes to our people, we really do “Give a shirt”.
Tyrwhitteers (our people) are a diverse, passionate and entrepreneurial bunch. We enjoy a fun, engaging and rewarding culture, where everyone is empowered by our 3 BE-liefs which are; “BE the BOSS”, “BE the CUSTOMER” and “BE the BEST”.
We want colleagues to love working for CT and for it to feel like a place where they can be, and want to be, at their best. Our culture is inclusive, diverse and welcoming. We believe people should be able to express themselves freely; safe in the knowledge that they will be accepted and respected. That’s why one of our behaviours is that people should feel proud and free to be me.
* Motivate, coach and develop store teams to exceed KPIs, sales targets and results
* Identify and maximise sales opportunities (e.g. promotions, outfit building, up & cross selling, corporate sales/events) to ensure sales and margins targets are achieved and exceeded
* Deliver and drive your team to ensure CT’s customer service expectation by ensuring expert product knowledge, ensuring you and the team are up to date with the latest store ranges and promotions
* Support with managing and minimising all controllable costs efficiently and within planned budgets
* Utilise and encourage colleagues to use all store, business and staff training tools, including commercial reports, VM directives and tools on the Tyrwhitt Academy to support the delivery and consistency in visual and store standards
* Drive a culture of exceptional customer service by ensuring all team members are fully conversant with Charles Tyrwhitt customer service, FEEFO and current store promotions and ranges.
* Support with reporting and analysing of data, including trading and conversion, managing all compliance and controlling stock and costs in line with company expectations
* Encourage and recognise outstanding team performance, to increase team motivation and store morale using platforms such as The LINK
* Champion colleague engagement and identify suitable initiatives to drive improvements in engagement survey results and employee turnover
* Comply with all company policy and procedures and adherence to company health & safety guidelines and security processes
* Previous retail management experience preferred
* Proven ability to lead, inspire and motivate others to achieve and work to very high standards and to deliver exceptional customer service
* Coaching and leadership skills
* Highly commercial with strong analytical skills
* Strong relationship building skills and stakeholder/customer management